Partnership With Smart City To Enhance Visitor Experience, Generate Revenue
The San Diego Convention Center Corporation and Smart City Networks are proud to announce a collaborative new digital advertising program at the bayfront facility. Smart City Networks, the nation’s leading provider of internet, Wi-Fi and other digital technologies for the convention industry, is managing the center’s digital advertising program at the San Diego Convention Center as part of its recently extended partnership.
Smart City will provide advertising and other content services via its digital signage network throughout the facility’s main lobby. The program will:
- Offer immersive branding opportunities through large format projection displays above key entrances to the exhibit halls;
- Allow meeting planners the opportunity to engage attendees through comprehensive messaging and dynamic content;
- Deliver vibrant, high-resolution video welcome messaging
“This digital projection system is one more way that we are enhancing our customer service experience at the San Diego Convention Center,” said SDCCC President & CEO Clifford “Rip” Rippetoe, CFE. “Our customers have the opportunity to customize what they want to say, to whom and where through a visual tool never offered in our facility before.”
“The San Diego Convention Center’s digital advertising program will offer opportunities for shows, sponsors, and exhibitors to inform and influence a captive audience,” explains Suzzanne Ravitz, Smart City’s Digital Marketing Manager at the San Diego Convention Center. “By strategically placing digital media projectors at key entrances to the exhibit halls, shows will have a unique opportunity to help create a memorable meeting experience for their attendees.”
In addition to designing, installing and maintaining the digital signage solution, Smart City will provide these additional services for SDCCC:
- Revenue programs such as advertising sales support and event sponsorships to give show managers, exhibitors, and industry service providers the opportunity to reach large, highly targeted prospects.
- Content services including motion graphics, gamification, interactive elements, and templates. These services help show managers or exhibitors showcase their brand or messaging through flexible, customized media for a dynamic and enhanced attendee experience.
Easy to use web-based content management system that allows show managers to control messaging in real-time and leverage the power of comprehensive reporting.
Smart City will implement the San Diego Convention Center’s digital signage network through its EventPath brand.